KCBS CBJ (Certified Barbeque Judge) Class
Becoming a CBJ will open you up to the world of competition BBQ. Upon completing the class, you’ll be able to judge BBQ worldwide, at any KCBS contest.
Below are the requirements to become a Certified Barbeque Judge. Looking forward to seeing you at the class!
KCBS Judge Requirements:
- To become a KCBS Certified Barbeque Judge (CBJ), one must be 16 years of age or older.
- One must complete a KCBS Judge Certification class.
- To maintain CBJ status, one must be a member in good standing with KCBS.
- If a CBJ has not continued to maintain his/her CBJ status because of not being a KCBS member for a lapsed time of 18 months or more, this person must first reactivate their KCBS membership, then pay and attend a CBJ class before receiving the status of an active CBJ in good standing.
To sign-up for Class:
- You will need your KCBS Number and be in good standing with KCBS. If you do not have a KCBS Number, sign up at KBCS first ( KCBS Site - Join KCBS ) then return to our event to sign up.
- Register for the class using this form. (Note: you must be logged in as a member to see and select the member price for the class.)
- $110.00 per student
- Membership also entitles you to be seated to judge/help at the 2023 Minnesota in May contest. Use your new skills right away!
*********** Volunteers Needed*************
We are also looking for helpers for the class, we need:
- Table Captains
- General helpers
You do not need to be a Certified Table Captain to assist. This is a great opportunity to see what being a table captain is like!
If you are able to help please sign up MN in May Volunteer