Welcome to the Minnesota Barbeque Society’s Forum!
By using this forum, you agree to the rules and posting guidelines listed below. For all practical purposes, please use common sense and participate by following the golden rule, “One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself.”
Using your REAL NAME during registration
When you register, use a version of your real name as your display name. For example:
- John Doe
- John D
- J. Doe
If you have a nickname, you can include it after your name:
- John D (Swamprat)
If your name is rejected because someone is already using that name, you can differentiate yourself by adding your KCBS team name:
- Dan M (Flying Aces BBQ)
We use real names on this bulletin board because it keeps the discussion more personal and friendly. If you cannot provide a version of your real name, then please do not register to use the forum.
Guidelines for Posting Messages
- Keep your posts concise.
- Keep your replies on-topic.
- If reading a message thread causes you to come up with an unrelated question, start another message thread.
- Resist the temptation to hit the "Reply" button unless you've got something meaningful to add.
- Remember, the bulletin board is basically about posting questions and answers. It is not a chat forum.
When posting to the forums, please keep things civil. Users are not permitted to, among other things, post abusive, hateful, or harassing information about any person or entity. Crude language, crude humor, and sexual content of any kind is prohibited. This is a G-Rated site, so please post accordingly.
The Minnesota Barbeque Society does not confirm the validity of information posted on this message board. We cannot actively monitor all the content of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. Remember that the posted messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Minnesota Barbeque Society.
Minnesota Barbeque Society Moderators’ reserve the right to delete or modify any message, avatar, signature, display name, or other member profile field for any reason, or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the members of this message board, Minnesota Barbeque Society, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon viewing of this board and/or transmission of your message(s).
If you feel that a posted message is objectionable, you are encouraged to report it by clicking the "Report to Moderator" icon at the bottom right of the post. We have the ability to delete objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine in our sole discretion that deletion is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
By using this service, you agree that you WILL NOT:
- Post any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.
- Post messages, images, avatars, or signatures of a political or religious nature. No proselytizing for religious or political purposes or for any other cause or organization. The discussion of politics and religion tend to degenerate quickly in online communities, so for this reason discussion of these subjects is not allowed. Do not even make indirect references to these subjects in posts. Posts in violation of this rule will be deleted. Members who violate this rule will be banned from participating.
- Include URLs, photos, or HTML code in your bulletin board signature or avatar. (You may post a personal or business-related URL in your personal profile.)
- Post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this message board.
- Use profanity of any kind on this board. Posts that contain profanity will be deleted summarily. Repeat violators of this policy (or any other board policy) will be banned from participating.
- Post advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations. This includes the use of an avatar or signature intended as an advertisement. These are inappropriate on this message board, and will be deleted summarily. Violators of this policy are subject to banning.
- Cross-post (post your message in more than one place on this board). This will actually hinder you from getting a rapid answer, and repeated cross-posting may result in your being banned.
Posting Messages That Promote Products, Services, Events, Blogs or Personal/Business Websites
Most bulletin boards have policies that prohibit people from posting messages that promote their own products, services, events, blogs and personal/business websites—and the Minnesota Barbeque Society’s forum is no exception.
The following types of posts are allowed by bulletin board members:
- If you are a satisfied (or dissatisfied) customer of a product/service/event/blog/personal website/business website, and you do not have a financial interest in that product/service/event/blog/personal website/business website, you may discuss it on the bulletin board. Positive and negative feedback from actual customers is one of the most helpful aspects of a bulletin board for those considering the purchase of a product/service or participation in an event.
- Messages about sales, discounts, promotion codes, free product samples, etc. are fine, as long as you do not have a financial interest in the product, company, or promotion; and the offer is available to the general public.
Those who have a financial interest in a product, service, event, blog or personal/business website may not post the following without prior approval by e-mail from the Minnesota Barbecue Society board:
- Messages that promote your product, service, event, blog or personal/business website.
- Messages that draw comparisons between your product/service/event and a competing product/service/event.
- Messages that answer customer service questions or provide technical support for products.
- Messages that inquire about customer satisfaction with products/services/events.
- Messages that discuss product/service/event development or improvement.
- Messages about sales, discounts, promotion codes, free product samples, etc.
Identity & Reuse of Content
We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
By posting content on this message board, you agree that the Minnesota Barbecue Society can quote from, or reuse the content in promotional materials, newsletters, or other documents. If we intend to use content posted by you in such a manner, we will generally notify you as a courtesy.
Termination of Membership
Minnesota Barbeque Society reserves the right to, at its discretion, terminate the forum membership of any user for any reason, or no reason whatsoever.
If you have any questions about how this online community is run, click the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page and let us know.