To: MN BBQ Society Competition BBQ Teams
From: Brian Brandt
Re: MN BBQ Society 2015 Team of the Year (TOY) Information
The MN BBQ Society Board of Directors discussed Team of the Year (TOY) at their past two Board meetings and concluded that the TOY will once again be endorsed, organized, and conducted by the Society. Following are the TOY rules for the 2015 season:
- To be eligible for TOY consideration a team (head cook) must be a member in good standing of the MN BBQ Society with annual 2015 dues paid in full no later than Friday, May 15, 2015. No exceptions. All paid members are eligible if they complete the minimum requirements below.
2. A team (head cook) must compete in and finish a minimum of 4 Minnesota contests held during 2015. All KCBS sanctioned Minnesota contests are eligible (including Fire on Ice and Sam’s Club qualifier). There are a total of 10 sanctioned MN contests.
3. The highest three scores from the contests entered will be combined to determine the TOY in each of the 4 categories and overall. Note that Fire on Ice scores for Chicken, Ribs, and Pork as well as Overall score are eligible – brisket was not a category – Tri-Tip scores will not be included.
4. In case of a tie, the next highest score will be used as a tie-breaker.
5. TOY awards (banner) will be given to the winner in each of the 4 categories (Chicken, Ribs, Pork, Brisket) and overall.
The Board of Directors has asked for my assistance in administering the program for 2015. It is my pleasure to do so. Please contact a member of the Board of Directors or myself if you have questions.
Have a great BBQ season!!
Thank you for visiting the Minnesota Barbeque Society's website.
- If you have an article that you would like posted, send it to the siteadmin to review and post.
- New membership forms have been updated and are now available on the navigation bar. Sign up now if you are not already a member.